From September 2004 it has been a statutory requirement for schools to include work-related learning within the curriculum for all young people during Key Stage 4.
From 8th to the 18th May 2012 Y10 students will have a period of work experience organized for them.
This will be designed to give each pupil a greater understanding of the world of work and the opportunity to work with adults other than teachers.
Students will be interviewed to establish a preference of placement. Every attempt will be made to offer each pupil a placement that will match their aspirations but no guarantee can be made that every first choice placement will be available.
Arrangements can be made for students wishing to find their own placement.
Benefits of Work Experience
Benefits for Students
- Helps to develop interpersonal and employability skills
- Involves working in a team and learning how to work with others
- Increases motivation to do well at school
- Encourages personal development
- Helps identify personal strengths and areas for development
Benefits for employers and providers
- Provides opportunities for staff to act as mentors, role models or supervisors
- Helps employers to understand changes in educational courses and qualifications
- Contributes to the development of young people and to the local community