Students choose their options for Key Stage 4 in year 9.
The process starts with a parent’s information evening in February. At this time teaching staff are available to support students in making informed choices about their future.
An options form is completed by students and parents where they indicate their 1st and 2nd choices from the range of subjects on offer. This is completed by Easter.
An options contract is issued which details student’s choices.
It is extremely important to make the decisions which will lead to success at the end of year 11. Students are supported throughout the options process in a number of ways:
- Presentations in assembly
- MiLife lessons which explore the range of opportunities available
- ICT lessons to explore online resources to support the options process
- Big Learning Day activities
- Careers Advisors in school
- Year 9 PHaSE staff
Do it online
Options can be completed online by accessing the Andrew Marvell College site on Fast Tomato at www.fasttomato.com.